Hexagon quilts, doilies and vintage fabrics

I have been a patchworker/quilter for  35 years - and for most of that time I have been making EPP (English paper piecing) quilts. I absolutely love the method - its yoga for my mind.
I never plan the quilts, I simply cover paper, and then decide what to do with it all.

I have collected vintage fabrics over the years too and cut some up and turned them into to hexies.

With this quilt I decided to add some doilies to the centre of the hexagon shape.

To be honest, its a lot busier that I expected it to be BUT I love it!


Basting on the patio


Charlotte did some quality control.


I think she approved.

 
I am now onto the hand quilting - another favourite thing to do. I am unapologetically I fan of a hand quilted quilt.
Till next time.
Jenny C
XXX

Comments

Popular Posts