Crazy quilting at the Angel

As usual, I enjoyed teaching at The Patchwork Angel www.patchworkangel.com.au on Tuesday............. the old church is looking very festive............


A few moths ago I suggested that we embroider an initial - just for something different to do............................ Elaine completed her K for her daughter's special birthday......


.....................it really is beautiful, interesting background fabric, gorgeous colours with quite wonderful silk ribbon embroidery........................


........................and a special message on the back. LOVE this................


Although, Elaine has been coming to my classes for a few years now, it makes me very happy that she is thoroughly enjoying working on her hexies from m my book "Foolproof crazy quilting"...............

 
As I have said sooooooooooooooooooooooooo many times before, what I really, really, really love about crazy quilting is that it is unique to the maker. My instructions on page 58 looked like this......................


..............and this is Elaine's version of the buttonhole fan seam treatment.


My instructions for a silk ribbon flower with stem on page 62 .................


and Elaine's version - so so lovely.


Her interpretation of the hexies is looking great.................


wonderful textures and full of colour.


......................buttons and trims...................................

Thank you Elaine, for allowing me to share your work.
Till next month.
XX

Comments

Popular Posts