English paper piecing and embroidery - a few of my favorite things!

Tidying up my sewing room I found these covered triangles left over from another project.

Enjoying the sun,  I stitched them together.

 I will use my latest book - FOOLPROOF FLOWER EMBROIDERY - to explain which embroidery stitches I used to embellish the joined triangles. My book is available from the major online bookstores and your local quilt shops.

 

 There are so many different leaves to chose from...............

  

 .............not to mention little "twigs" that I absolutely love to create .........

 

The leaves are made up of felt and a netting fabric - 

*The veins on the leaves are fishbone stitch - on page 23 and page 77

* The black twigs are fern stitch - page 77 - I added a straight stitch randomly to the fern stitch.

*I whipped the fern stitch with a metallic thread and added a few more straight stitches - whipping stitch - page 86

* The green stem is a chenille thread which is couched - page 74

* A little sprinkling of small sequins added shine!

 ..................and then a few fluffy flowers - Tufting - page 84 ...................


.............the fluffy flowers (tufting - page 84) were made from a combination of threads.......................

I used up all the triangles and the finished size was just right for a little pouch. The zip pull is also a combination of threads.

A colorful "finish!

 Till next time!

Jenny C

XXXXX

 

Comments

  1. Just love your work and talent. I love this triangle paper piecing project of yours. I need to get my hands busy with more stitching. Love the triangles and its on my to do list. Hehehehe have to get my list onto a piece of paper, but sometimes I feel I then put too much pressure on myself to complete. But sometimes I need to list to remind me what I want to do next.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts