Diana's crazy quilting

I got to see Diana's completed crazy  - she attended my workshops at Maleny Magic at the beginning of the year.
Diana's stash consisted mainly of antique fabrics - she actually arrived with antique dresses etc that she simply cut into, much to the horror of a few members of the class.


I love the simplicity of her work.


The almost monochromatic background allowed her embroidery to "stand alone".


However, and this is my personal opinion, this monochromatic background dictates that the seam treatments remain clear and contained.


If too much embroidery is done, the crazy becomes one "blob" of embroidery and the block loses it's crazy shapes.


I encouraged Diana to include the button "bands" of the dresses to add texture and interest.


I do love Diana's crazy.........


Elegant, nostalgic ..............


With some very interesting seam treatments.


Her collection of vintage buttons were so lovely too.
Thank you Diana for allowing me to share your very lovely work.
Jenny C

Comments

  1. Beautiful and interesting work. Thanks for sharing ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts