Finding my mojo!

This year has been a very busy one for me - don't get me wrong, I am not complaining .......


I have been very, very busy teaching this year .......................... and while I absolutely love it, I am feeling tired and a little drained. One thing about teaching so much is that I do not have time to do the projects that reside in my head and keep me awake at night.


One of the aspects of teaching that I particularly enjoy, is that I can create vicariously through my students.
Lovely Angie had just completed the first series of workshops with me and decided to dive into a rather over whelming project. After, a few lessons she arrived at my class and informed me that she had lost her mojo. Perfect timing, I thought. I had a project that had been swirling around in my head for years but I knew I would never have the time to do.
I suggested that she do it instead.


In typical Angie style, she dived right in.


I taught her the stitches


which she promptly added her style to...................


I loved seeing the project come to life...........


It was such a joy to see Angie having so much fun with the process too.


On and on it went


One glorious hexagon after another.......


Angie's embroidery is joyous and exuberant.......................


.........perfect and relaxed ..............


After she had completed it............


she very kindly let me take it home for a few weeks...........


..................to gaze at ....................


I don't have to make one myself...............

 
because Angie did it for me.
 
Let me just say, that I do not think I could have done such an amazing job of it as she did. Angie has her unique style and stitch fingerprint, and this stunning work belongs to her.
 
However, my mojo has now left the building, is there anyone out there that can find it for me??
 
Jenny C
 
 

Comments

  1. I don't know about help finding it but mine might be hanging with yours!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts