Rhoda's crazy .........................

I teach a fair few classes each month so I get to see a lot of people's "stuff". However, I suffer from a serious dose of "stuff envy" when I go through Rhoda's stash.
She has a wonderful collection of vintage buttons and bits and bobs.

Rhoda used vintage ties as the fabric background to her crazy. And it is gorgeous!


Her work was in progress at the time of these photos..............


It's hard to believe that Rhoda has arthritis and sometimes her hands do not do as they are told.


Her work is so lovely ....................


Her vintage button stash comes in handy............


Triangle buttons, bow shaped buttons and butterflies..................strong herringbone seam treatment...........


Zigzag chain, feather stitch, silk ribbon roses and heart charm make for an interesting crazy block.


Cute little bunny button, silk ribbon embroidery, beaded daisy chain and feather stitch.
Lovely balance!


Bunny button in a sequin garden.


Bunny button in a button garden!!!!


I use masking tape to mark homework for my students - its handy!
Dragonfly and more pretty silk ribbon flowers.


Last but not least - a koala button in a gumtree.

 
Rhoda, its been a pleasure getting to know you. I cannot wait to see the fabrics for your next project in 2016. You mentioned vintage fabrics, doilies and lace and I began to salivate!
 
Thank you for sharing your work.
Jenny
xxxx

Comments

Popular Posts