Crazy quilting - Margot - Caloundra workshop

I thought I had deleted these photos of Margot's work. Thank goodness, I found them!!

Whenever I teach an embroidery group I feel a little intimdated. The standard of work done by the members of these groups is of such a high standard - and often the embroiders are "purists" - meaning they like to use a certain type of needle and they prefer to do fine work.

The foundation stitch (ie the first embroidery stitch)  worked on a seam obviously cannot be too small as there will be no room to embellish and add an extra stitch or two. And some for some classic embroiderers increasing their stitch size can be feel foreign.

I knew that Margot was a beautiful embroiderer as I had overheard a few conversations in my class.


What I so love about her work is that she stayed true to her beautiful workmanship but embraced large an expansive stitches.


This is an unfished block- but aren't her ribbon flowers in the left top corner gorgeous?


The blanket pinwheels looks so good creeping over the seam.


Margot obviously has a thing about spiders! Beautiful couched bow too.


The curling feather stitch with flower sequins - so elegant.


I wonder where she purchased all her beautiful charms from?


This block is also a WIP - I am sooooooo looking forward to seeing Margot's work completed.

Jenny
XXXXX

Comments

Popular Posts