A special class and the Gympie Quilt and Craft Spectacular

My Instagram account was "stolen" a while back so I had to start over - this is the link to my new account https://www.instagram.com/jennifer_clouston_embroidery/

I consider it such a privilege to be able to teach what I love to do myself; to embroider following no pattern, creating as I go.

I was contacted by a previous student's daughter who wanted to give her Mom a "really special surprise" for her big birthday. She asked if I would spend a day with her Mom, working on an small embroidery project. As you know, Australia is a huge country and it was a big undertaking to get the birthday girl to my home. I was very moved by the request and, needless to say, the birthday girl and I had a lovely few hours stitching away.

I love the native plants of my adopted country - the colours!

English paper piecing (EPP) is my yoga and I always have papers and fabric on hand to stitch at night, in a the car/plane or in the garden. Another passion I have is to work with pre-loved fabrics - this quilt is made up of vintage sheets and doilies.

At the recent Gympie Quilt Spectacular there was a display of "The Gentle Arts". It was good to share my work along side other talented makers. For those of you who are in the Gympie area it is a great quilt and craft show. 

Chris and Carmel from "Colour Streams"   https://colourstreams.com.au/  had a stall selling all their stunning threads, ribbons, sequins etc.

I use their products in most of my work........................

Supporting a small Aussie business. Chris and Carmel are funny and creative people too!

 

Most days when we have breakfast in the garden a very cheeky little PeeWee joins us and simply helps himself to my breakfast!

 

I have always wanted to learn how to do water colour painting - but I am totally useless - however, I never stop trying !!!

Sometimes, I still find it hard to believe that I have written three books!

 Till next time!

Jenny C

XX


 

Comments

  1. Such a beautiful display of all your work. Lovely varied post - cute little bird. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts