A quiet week.........................for a change!

I had the dose of flu last week - that meant I could not go up the mountain and teach the lovely ladies in Maleny.....................but it did give me the opportunity to get into my sewing room..........


While tidying up I came across some of my work, and came to the conclusion.....


that sometimes "less" is enough. I don't think we have to "pack" too many stitches in crazy for it be crazy.


I use masking tape to mark the students "homework" on their projects - it works well as it does not damage the fabric and stays stuck for as long as you need it. This is Gwen's work - the seam treatment is found in my book on page 38 E1-E4.


This is more of Gwen's work ........


............... and some more ..............all these stitch combinations are also found in my book.


Now for Bettye's work - it is looking quite wonderful - when Bettye first came to my classes she was VERY opposed to BIG stitches - I am pleased to say that I wore her down and know she loves them!!!


One of the nice things about teaching so many classes is that I get to see lots of quilts and things - this quilt belongs to Gail who comes to two of my classes at the www.patchworkangel.com.au


This gorgeous vintage Singer is on display at the Patchwork Angel at the moment - and I want it!!!!


Jenny form my Maleny class had a great storage idea for her beads - a weekly medical dosage container ! Brilliant!

Till next class!
Jenny
XX

Comments

Popular Posts