Something wonderful..................

Something wonderful happened a few weeks ago. Mark Beard http://crazytexasquilter.blogspot.com.au/ posted her beautiful hexagon quilt inspired by my book onto a Facebook page. Look, to say that my heart sang was an understatement. She also posted the loveliest review on Amazon.


Isn't social media a great venue to share our creative work. I don't think I would have got to see Mary's quilt if it was not for Facebook. A huge thank you to Mary for allowing me to show her quilt and taking the time to write a review.


A while back a redid a few hexagons from my book in a different colour ways - its so interesting to see how colour changes the

Karyn completed her name badge at class last week.


I am so excited to see Cheryl's purse quilt completed - we aim to have some champagne to celebrate!


Deb and I worked on completing a few of her seam treatments - cute little button flowers - so simple but so effective.


Deb's basket needs a few bits added to it.


I taught Gail twisted chain a few weeks back and she was of creating this very effective collar. I went through a few beading options to add around the edge. I will keep you posted.

 
Till next time.
Jenny
XXX

Comments

  1. I bought your book when it first appeared on Amazon. If I had a bucket list, learning Crazy Quilt was at the top. When I saw your book featured hex shapes, MY Fave Shape, I was even more excited. Then I Kathy Shaw offered an on line class..Beginner Crazy Quilt Embellishment which gave me the push I needed to begin. I met Mary B in Kathy 's class. I love her quilt that she displays at the bottom of her blog.

    Your book is a gift for those that have a fear of the unknown. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and giving inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol,
      Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a positive comment about the book - I so appreciate it. welcome to the world of crazy quilting - so much fun.
      Jenny
      XXX

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts